We are excited for the various special events that we host such as Mission Festival, Lenten Suppers, Confirmation Anniversary celebrations, Trunk or Treat, the Young Family Gathering, Golf Cart/Fill the Church Sunday, and various charitable/stewardship events such as Shop with a Cop, a Toy Drive for the Fraternal Order of Police, and Quilts & Care kits (school, personal care & baby care) for Lutheran World Relief. Please check back here regularly to see what we have going on currently.
July Stewardship Project
The July Stewardship Project will be collecting supplies for Lutheran World Relief school kits. The items needed are:
- 4 notebooks: 70-80 sheets each of wide or college-ruled approximately 8x10 1/2" (no loose leaf)
- One pencil sharpener
- One 30-cenitmeter ruler or ruler with centimeters and inches on other side
- One pair of blunt scissors (safety scissors with embedded steel blades work well)
- Five unsharpened #2 pencils with erasers
- One eraser, approximately 2 1/2" long
- One box of 16 or 24 crayons
- Five black or blue ballpoint pens (no gel ink)
Great Rivers District Mission District Disaster Response Supply Warehouse
American Lutheran Church in Rantoul now has an established area onsite to utilize as the NALC Distric Disaster Supply Warehouse. Their most recent assistance was delivery of supplies on hand to the Cedar Rapids, IA area which was severely impacted by a Derecho Storm. This assistance depleted their inventory. There are a number of areas where you can assist. One option to consider would be gift cards to the following stores:
- Rural King
- Home Depot
- Personal check made out to "American Lutheran Church" earmarked "Disaster Response Fund."
These would allow them to build up some financial resources to purchase needed items on demand, items which some people may find difficult to purchase and/or ship and be able to negotiate with vendors on bulk purchases.
Any material goods, checks and/or gift cards should be taken or mailed to:
American Lutheran Church Disaster Warehouse
500 Church Drive
Rantoul, IL 61866
MORE NALC DISASTER RESPONSE NEEDS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- ONE 5 gallon bucket with lid
- TWO large trash bags
- ONE gallon of bleach
- Comet or scouring cleanser
- PineSol or liquid floor cleaner
- Dust mask, N-95 recommended (Pack separately in case Medical staff need masks)
*If no mask, mark budket & send scrub brush, rubber gloves and broom.
Rakes, shovels, Hoes-debris removal tools
BIBLES NEW AND USED
- Please include a personal note or prayer.
A flyer can be found on the church bulletin board with a complete list of items they accept.