We are excited for the various special events that we host such as Mission Festival, Lenten Suppers, Confirmation Anniversary celebrations, Trunk or Treat, the Young Family Gathering, Golf Cart/Fill the Church Sunday, and various charitable/stewardship events such as Shop with a Cop, a Toy Drive for the Fraternal Order of Police, and Quilts & Care kits (school, personal care & baby care) for Lutheran World Relief. Please check back here regularly to see what we have going on currently.
September Stewardship Project: Health Care Kits
The September Stewardship Project for the Women of Immanuel will be collecting items for the Lutheran World Relief "Health Care Kits". Items Needed are:
- One light-weight bath-size towel (20" x 40" to 52" x 27") , dark color recommended
- Two or three bath-size bars of soap equaling 8 to 9 oz., any brand, in original wrapping; no mini or hotel size bars
- One adult size toothbrush in its original packing
- One sturdy comb (no picks or fine toothed combs)
- One metal nail clippers (attached file optional)
Your donations may be dropped off in the church breezeway.
Great Rivers District Mission District Disaster Response Supply Warehouse
American Lutheran Church in Rantoul now has an established area onsite to utilize as the NALC Distric Disaster Supply Warehouse. Their most recent assistance was delivery of supplies on hand to the Cedar Rapids, IA area which was severely impacted by a Derecho Storm. This assistance depleted their inventory. There are a number of areas where you can assist. One option to consider would be gift cards to the following stores:
- Rural King
- Home Depot
- Personal check made out to "American Lutheran Church" earmarked "Disaster Response Fund."
These would allow them to build up some financial resources to purchase needed items on demand, items which some people may find difficult to purchase and/or ship and be able to negotiate with vendors on bulk purchases.
Any material goods, checks and/or gift cards should be taken or mailed to:
American Lutheran Church Disaster Warehouse
500 Church Drive
Rantoul, IL 61866
MORE NALC DISASTER RESPONSE NEEDS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- ONE 5 gallon bucket with lid
- TWO large trash bags
- ONE gallon of bleach
- Comet or scouring cleanser
- PineSol or liquid floor cleaner
- Dust mask, N-95 recommended (Pack separately in case Medical staff need masks)
*If no mask, mark budket & send scrub brush, rubber gloves and broom.
Rakes, shovels, Hoes-debris removal tools
BIBLES NEW AND USED
- Please include a personal note or prayer.
A flyer can be found on the church bulletin board with a complete list of items they accept.